RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 12:00 NOON AND CHECK-OUT IS 12:00 NOON. PLEASE, NO early check-ins.
2. This is a NONSMOKING home.
3. Pets are not permitted in the rental home under any conditions.
4. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
5. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT – A damage/reservation deposit of $450 is required. This must be received within five (5) days of booking the reservation. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within fourteen (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
- No damage is done to the house or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- The kitchen area (refrigerator, drawers and cabinets) should be wiped clean and ready for our next guests.
- All left over foods, debris and rubbish are placed in provided garbage containers outside and rinsed dishes are placed in the dishwasher.
- All keys are left on the kitchen table and the house is left locked with the windows closed (unless other arrangements have been made with property manager).
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- No linens are lost or damaged.
- It is expected that a reasonable (4-hour) house cleaning will be necessary following your departure. Anything beyond reasonable (beyond the allotted 4-hours) will be deducted from your Damage/Reservation Deposit at a rate of $20/hour. (“Reasonable” is based on the sole discretion of the property manager.) Please understand that the management will be reasonable if the total cleaning time is between 4 and 5 hours.
- NO early check-in or late check-out unless agreed upon ahead of time.
6. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required 60 days before arrival. The advance payment will be applied toward the house rental. Please make payments in the form of bank money orders, cashier’s checks, or personal checks to Martha Shapiro ( Please note: U.S. currency only ). The advance payment is not a damage deposit. The BALANCE OF THE RENTAL AMOUNT is due thirty (30) days before your arrival date.
7. CANCELLATIONS – A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests is limited to six (6) persons unless otherwise agreed upon for an additional fee of $100 for each extra person/week.
9. NO DAILY CLEANING SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the rental, we suggest you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house.
10. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and/or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check in.
11. PARKING – Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only.
12 . LIABILITY -- The owners and/or their representatives are not responsible for any accidents (water or land), injuries, or illnesses that occur while on the premises or its facilities. The homeowners and/or their representatives are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others who they invite to use the premises.